Monday, May 2, 2005

Letterboxing

The thing I like about letterboxing is the stealth factor. You go out to a location that sometimes is used by others for recreational activities other than boxing. You have to be careful about not giving away the location of the box so that "noxers" (non-boxers) will not find it nor plunder it. It's a lot of fun waiting until it's clear before diving under a bush to check a location or carefully peeking under a pile of rocks in the woods while other hikers are walking away.

RGBisMe insists that I need to hone my stealth skills. "Bug," he says to me, " everybody is wondering what you are doing out here on the trail. You are giving too much away and it's pretty obvious you aren't just hiking."

"What do you mean!?" I countered,"I wait until there is absolutely nobody anywhere near me before I seek and retrieve the box. I move the box to a location that is far away from the hiding place before I stamp in. I repack the box carefully and make doubly sure that there is no one around or watching me when I replace it to it's hiding place." I insisted that he prove to me that I was a careless letterboxer, giving away that I was doing anything more than just enjoying a day in the woods.

"You are correct on all of your careful boxing techniques," he agreed, "but you also stand out like a sore thumb in the woods. This photo is what you look like after you are done stamping up."
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Maybe I should change to using a solid color inkpad.

1 comment: