Monday, July 11, 2005

Boxing with Satan


RGBisMe and I were lucky that the planets lined up just right and allowed us to visit for an afternoon with Tracdc and Satan. They showed us a great time by driving us around Allentown and taking us out to try to find a few local letterboxes. We brought along the clues for a few in one area that we suspected might also be host to a mystery box.

We were all hiking along through the park and trying to figure out the clues to the first box. When we got close, Satan sat down to watch and see just how we went about zeroing in on a letterbox. RGBisMe went off pacing in one direction while Tracdc and I looked in another likely spot.

Satan yelled up to us, "What are they supposed to look like?"

I shouted back, "Probably in a tupperware container about so big."

"Well, there it is." he pointed without moving an inch from where he had originally sat down.

Sure enough, he had spotted it from where he was sitting and watching our antics of rock scrabbling and pacing. I like his way of boxing. No sweat! Satan was our hero!

We did go on to find another one close-by but didn't have what it took to find the mystery box.

Thanks again to Satan, we later cooled off with a dip in his mom's pool. I think I drank most of it every time I sunk in the deep end. RGBisMe helped me by perfecting my noodle riding technique which helped keep me afloat.

Refreshed from the pool and the wonderful cotton candy spray my sister gave me, we decided to torture them by making them watch the recent PBS production of Swan Lake and showing them Ravenboy dancing in the background. To make up for this, we all went out to Ichibon and snacked on edamame while we watched the hibachi show. Our chef threw bits of broccoli at all of us to try to catch it in our mouths. Who was the only one at the table to successfully chomp one? Our man, Satan!

2 comments:

  1. We had so much fun this weekend! Thanks a billion for sharing your day with us. It was a perfect summer day. Let's do it again real soon. Love xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jenny would be proud of your efforts. You seem to have been in the right locale, but could not get teed off properly.

    Yours in boxing,

    Lightnin' Bug

    ReplyDelete