Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Elms of Penn State

I am so excited for any letterboxers who are able to visit central PA. RGBisMe and I spent a couple of hours over the last couple of days enjoying the great new letterbox series, The Elms of Penn State.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I won't post many photos of the these great Elms as the majesty of them cannot be captured. You have to see them with your own eyes. PSU campus is very pretty right now. We had a difficult time just focusing on the Elms when there were beautiful huge Oaks and Maples also grabbing our attention.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There are places that The Elms of Penn State take you on campus that will surprise you. You might even ask yourself how such a grouping of old growth trees could exist in such a busy area. Archaeobirder has painstakingly crafted a splendid tour of campus and added in his quaint stamps to make a letterbox series that should be on everyone's "to do" list.

Autumn was a beautiful time to do The Elms of Penn State but I cannot imagine that any season would not be a good time. The first snow flurries of the season started to come down and chill our hands at one point. We resorted to a quick stamping method for our 9 color signature stamp because we got too cold.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment