Monday, December 11, 2006

Bravisimo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The one thing I have gotten used to is the anticipation of steeling myself to read post production reviews of Ravenboy's performances. No mom wants to have her son read that he was reviewed as epicene in a role that was meant to be clearly a dynamic young demigod. It is with shock that I find myself actually missing the critiques of this past weekend's performances. Whatever shall I do? I need to rely on your reviews (add to comments below) if you came to a show!!

4 comments:

  1. I'll start!

    My favorite memories are:
    • The Snow Angel whacking her lamp against the lamp of the dazed angel beside her to get her to move.
    • An incredibly dynamic Russian performance, in the same Sunday evening performance will have me purchasing that dvd for sure!
    • Sunday evening's Drosselmeyer smooching at Louise just for Toolman Luke!!
    • Amazing audience reception, especially in the evenings! 2 standing ovations! Unheard of!

    Bummer moments include:
    • Saturday evening's Snow Angels getting lost onstage.
    • Matinee Drosselmeyer miming mice like Liberaci and Sunday's magic cane looking like a snake.
    • Long overtures without being able to sing the "Billy Snyder" song out loud.
    • The cast "whooping" after the curtain closed was pure amateur theater. I guess that was spawned by the audience being totally out of control during Russian.

    Your turn! (I'll add more later)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From 150 miles away, one could feel the excitement and hear the applause!

    Cheers,

    Lightnin' Bug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the Nutcracker for me is the start of the holiday season.
    Watching my grandson in one of the many roles open to him,
    whether a large or small one, is always an added pleasure. Seeing
    him develop into a strong dancer thru the years has made my
    heart grow with his talent. But this year when he exploded onto
    stage, it took my breath away. I was lucky to be able to see three
    shows and to see him dance as powerfully as I have ever seen any
    other dancer in any role.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is Christmas Eve. We are preparing for the arrival of friends and family tomorrow. The Nutcracker is playing on the boombox thingy. I close my eyes....

    I am directing the orchestra, your son comes onto the stage...

    Christmas is here! Applause all around...

    Happy Holidays and May all our dreams come true in the new year~

    ReplyDelete