
I know I must sound like charlie Bucket's Grandpa Joe to many. But RGBisMe and I haven't taken a trip like this in about 15 years. Lining up pet sitters we trust was the biggest stumbling block.

We started out just as a thunderstorm hit at 4am. By the time we got to Harrisburg, the storm was gone but the sun did not rise until we were almost out of West Virginia. It was a nice break stopping in a small park along the way to find aletterbox/geocache hybrid that had an awesome hitch hiker in it. The local hiding technique was a bit different than we are used to.

The trip was going well. It was exciting to show RGBisMe areas he had never seen before. We stopped in Roanoke for a bite to eat and our first contact with real southern type hospitality. I am not sure if it was that or that all of the waitresses in the restuarant had varying shades of red hair but I think RGBisMe was feeling like he was visiting something like another country. We smiled at the differences and joined in saying a little prayer over our meal. By this point, I was getting the shakes from being in civilization but not accessing the internet. I took to roaming parking lots with my WiFi locator.

The day progresses as did our journey. We were able to find letterboxes in each state we had not yet found any in. We have ended our day in Anderson, SC but not until we planted a very special box somehwere down here in the south. We had a great time exploring the area where we thought a plant would work out. The couple of miles we hiked broke up our travels very nicely.
Tomorrow we will continue into Georgia and meet up with Mososo Kruppe and get ready for the Pow Wow event on Saturday.
What the heck is that? It looks like a cooler in a pit under a tree root!
ReplyDeleteSheba
You got it! A big old cooler under a downed tree.
ReplyDeleteWas the cooler beyond the "1 mile beer limit" from the trailhead?
ReplyDeleteLB