
Well you all wanted to know what I do to make my income right? Well it might not be what you are thinking from the title of this blog entry. I am not any kind of prostitute but I am a Reader and Advisor and my professional name is Mdme. Teresa (say it like you would Mother Teresa.)
I was hired to read at a man's surprise birthday party in Allentown area. There were to be 30 guests and I had 2 hours to read tarot cards for all who were interested. That, with transition times between reading, does leave much time for each person. I practiced many of my shorter readings, being clear and concise when I started letting them know it would be a brief overview then stopping each reading and encouraging them to take my business card if they were interested in more.
As the weekend approached, a cold I had hatched early on in the week took a turn for the worse. The most disappointing thing about that was that Maga11 and I had planned extra visiting time with Tracdc. We made the trip without incident but I spent most of my time at her home walking around like a drugged zombie.
The day of the party dawned and I had been hacking all night. Maga11 even left to sleep on the couch in the living room graciously saying she needed to change position. I downed some more cold meds but neglected to eat first. I was all of the sudden queasy. This was the first time I was ever struck by the realization that I might not be able to do my job and I knew of no one to take my place. I looked at Maga11 and said, "I'm scared." I was. I had no idea what to do in this situation. I had already received an email from the hostess telling me that half of the guests RSVPed "no." I couldn't let her down.
I went back to bed after forcing myself to eat something. I turned on the little tv in the room and watched part of a dog show on animal planet. Tracdc and Maga11 came in to keep me company. I asked Tracdc for my tarot cards. I shuffled them dealt out a spread and asked her to read them for me. I asked her, "What should I do about my job?" She looked down at the one card and said, "Well this guy is juggling balls so it must mean that he has to many things going on," I smiled and silently nodded in agreement. She looked at the next card, The Hanged Man - inverted, "This card... I have no idea what that means!" She kind of flicked the card away and we all cracked up, it was clear Tracdc was not going to take my place that night.
Although my voice kept cracking and failing me, as the day went on I did feel somewhat better. I took a shower and we all went out to a local tack shop's Breyer Horse open house. We made it just at the end. The models were all awesome with a $90.00 one of the great Barbaro. Too pricey for us. Tracdc and I went to look upstairs at the bargains and close-outs and found that was where the kids had some activities earlier in the open house. Coloring contests and painting miniature models had been something that was offered. We looked at the left over paint and a few scattered models and promptly sat down and painted a couple for ourselves. We were halfway done when a store representative came to clean up. Tracdc said, "We know these were for the kids but today we came with our mom, so we are kids." Oh no, Mom! We had left her and plopped down to paint without telling her where we were. There was no leaving until we were done because the lady would clean up the stuff we were using. Thanks goodness Maga11 found her way upsatirs and joined us. She painted a mule!
I knew I was going to make it through the evening and we returned to Tracdc's house so that I could take a nap and get ready. I thought the two photos of me that day were a real juxtaposition. So, know you have a better idea of what I do and who I am. Which one is the real me?
Hey there! That's quite the glam shot. :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are feeling much better. Was Dr. Neti of any assistance?
LB (who's got a sinus thing going too)
Boy, you would have fit right in with our group in cloaks at breakfast at Frostburg ;-)
ReplyDelete