Friday, December 7, 2007

On the Cutting Room Floor

Some of the most interesting stuff can be found on the proverbial cutting room floor. Mistakes, things that aren't relative to the big picture and excesses can be extremely interesting when viewed by themselves or with the knowledge of where they had fit into the grand scheme of things.

My recent hair cut has left all but a smudge of my vibrantly colored hair literally on the cutting room floor. A radical edit visually but needed change allows my hair to actually fully dry in these cold months. My long hair, almost always pulled back, never seemed to dry and blow drying was out of the question for my wild mane.

Now an inch long in the back and face framing in the front, I am sporting the 'do that I have known for most of my life. The change has reduced my shower time by 75% . Although trim maintenance will increase greatly, time allocated for hair styling in the morning has been reduced by the same amount.

It has been just the past 15 years in which my locks were longer. During that time I have met a lot of folks who have only known me with long hair. Last night I got together with my good friend, DaBraLady, who has known me since we were in junior high school. She smiled broadly and told me it made me look younger. A more humorous reaction came from her 19 year old son. His eyes popped and he said, "Wow!"

My family was with me for the big change. I could see RGBisMe behind me through the salon mirror supportively beaming with every snip. Ravenboy sat looking through the styling books at the beautiful young ladies with meticulously coiffured cuts. As my own style took shape, I glanced sheepishly at myself in the mirror. "I remember a much younger face sporting that style," I mused. A few more snips, a quick blow dry and a little product were the finishing touches. "I like it," I smiled. RGBisMe returned my grin and Ravenboy said, "You are beautiful."

It might not be the final release of my production but I thought I would share the current work in progress.

3 comments:

  1. While I have always been a fan of longer locks, the new/old do does look good on you and make you look younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, regardless of what hair style you choose!

    You look great!

    Love,
    Pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute 'do Ma'am! We like it a lot as it compliments you well and always remember that your inner beauty shines through!

    LB

    ReplyDelete