Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm Still Standin'

I have been busy and ill and involved and distracted and working and creating and not blogging about it. I am fine, still standing and reveling in various life's aspects, dedicated to challenging the Earth's collective imagination. If you haven't figured it out, I am still in pursuit of true indigo.

January and February were great months filled with a lot of fun. Ravenboy came home for a week in between winter storms on the direct bus from Chinatown to home. It was crazy just to pick him up across town and drop him off at the same location. It made for quite a wonderful and mellow week before he had to get back to work.

Another real highlight for me was that Ravenboy used a real live tax preparer this year. I was so relieved not to have to figure out how to deal with all of this extra paperwork (royalties from PBS, workman's comp, self-employment tax, etc).

RGBisMe and I have been chompin' at the bit waiting for the snow to melt for long enough to check out some of Archaeobirder's new letterboxes. We did sneak in finding his Don't Squeeze the Charmin - very cute carve!

Inspired by Ravenboy's latest body art acquisition, I have been refining the design I intend to get as a tattoo. He worked for over 4 years making sure it was something he wanted. I am close to putting the final touches on a design based on a piece of artwork that is almost 300 years old. Terribly exciting for me.

We have been cooking a lot out of a great cookbook, Veganomicon. It has recipes that have been tasted and tested so that they are at a point where you don't feel you have to change a thing about them. It has an amazing chili verde that I can not get enough of! NAVS annual Vegetarian Summerfest is quite local this year for those of you who might be interested in such things.

We started reconnecting with a friendly local group of hikers, bikers and geocachers. It was so nice to not have a lot of expectations when getting together with these people. They have been so excited to have us join them. It's a relief to have contacts who regularly like to hike and bike locally.

I had the flu and survived.

I have been tweaking how I approach the whole letterboxing hobby so that it suits my needs and conflicts minimally with others'. I finally got my premium membership confusion on Atlas Quest taken care of. I have transferred many of our letterboxing clues to a new website. I have been fixing clues that were in error. I have been retiring letterboxes that will not be replaced. I have been creating a new letterboxes, one that is stocked with smaller related boxes for finders to take away with them (if they so choose) to plant.

I invested my birthday money in a guerilla art project to transform Bratz dolls into people I know and photograph their stories. To answer a question that I know one person will certainly ask me, no the dolls are not images of any letterboxers.

This weekend I am planning to join a group of adventurers in exploring the abandoned PA Turnpike tunnels. The exciting part is we are being included in this hunt to mark some of the geocachers' milestone finds. Some will be finding their 400th some their 600th. It got me curious to how many things we had found and I added them all up. It turned out that we had just hit a milestone too so we will be popping a champaign cork with even more enthusiasm this weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment