Friday, April 25, 2008

Running Birbanto

I got a phone call from Ravenboy early last evening.

"Hey Mumo, I wanted to call for a couple of reasons. I am going out to supper tonight with friends so I won't be able to call later."

I told him to have a great time.

"I also wanted you to know that I am running Birbanto."

This, I was sure I had heard incorrectly. He was in NYC and our cat was lying on the floor exhausted from the hike we had just taken him through the Stan Yoder Preserve in Boalsburg. I asked him to repeat himself.

"I am running Birbanto!"

DUH! Our cat was named after one of my favorite characters in ballet; Birbanto is a sly turncoat pirate in the ballet Le Corsaire. Ravenboy is learning the part for this upcoming Met Season!
Between that, a lead in Merry Widow, solo spot in Études and Bronze Idol again I am going to be filled with amazing ballet moments by mid July. Anyone interested in ABT schedule can check the link of contact me for Ravenboy's casting (I may not know until about a week prior).

No comments:

Post a Comment