Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sunny Days

Sunny days last week brought only rainbows anytime anything threatened a rainy moment. Asrai and Ravenboy blessed our home with colorful stories and energies. The week was so filled with family and friends that I had no time to take many photos.

Thank you to all who came to our potluck picnic last Friday. A blending of friends from all areas of our lives made a great evening in Spring Creek Park.

Anyone that still looking for that Wad o' Gum can rest assured I went back to pick it up the next morning. Sadly, Ray Gricar has gone into hiding again. Baked potato anyone?There are some people in our lives with whom we make instant and close connections. With others it is a slow building of a appreciation over the years. Our picnic on Friday had my heart full of so many people who mean so much to my life. There were others who, because of travel distance or other commitments, could not make it. I hope they know that they were in my heart as I looked around and reveled in the moment. It was thrilling to introduce to many special people to each other, some introductions we had been looking forward to for years.

Icing on the cake was news that Nick of Mososo Kruppe had secured one of the jobs he had applied for. The whole evening felt like the dream of a huge celebration of life. A few of us sat around after unpacking the car that evening sharing stories, philosophies and colorful jello treats as others ran through the yard with sparklers. It was surreal but I was elated as my sides hurt from laughing and I bit into one last potato of the evening.

The sad part was that it ended too quickly. Witty Tracdc and Satan had to head home. Dear Asrai stayed on to fly kites with us but had to go to work out of state this week. The days where we can all connect make me look forward to when we can reconnect in smaller groups.

2 comments: