I dare you to take a moment to read back through what people wrote to you in your senior year book. Check out how people perceived you at that time in your life. Most people wrote that I was "nice" and many said I was "sweet" when I can't remember being anything other than grumpy, confused, closeted and lost in high school. I wanted to see if I remembered any of the inside jokes or events that were in our thoughts at the time. Here are my responses to those memories, or lack there of.
Peg - I have no idea what went down on "HALLOWEEN NIGHT!"
Fred - I don't ever remember going to Weis to see you at work.
Michele - I do remember the fun times in Environmental Science, I allowed you to copy from me on our final exam.
Eleanor - I do remember marching band and the 6" of mud in the Allentown band competition where I sub-luxed my knee.
Teresa - Although I remember I ate lunch in the cafeteria, I have a hard time remembering any fun there nor can I remember who John was.
Dave - I do remember the good times we had at Virginia Beach in the marching band competition. A also recall the "Short People" song everyone sang to me.
Mark - I won't forget that we called Mr. Duffman the "Big Green Booger" because he was such a large man in his lab coat in Biology 3. I loved being a part of the Xerox Table gang and although you might not remember spraying me with Gibberellic acid to make me grow, I certainly do.
Mike - Although I remember Bio 3 and being a part of the Xerox Table, I have no idea who you are.
Ken - I do remember the media classes we had together and will never forget Dana making Missy pass that car coming back from Paintersville.
Tim - Thank you for wishing me luck on my marriage but I never saw it through.
Guy - I don't remember having any great times in school with you, I only remember you stalking my sister after graduation.
Robin - I do vaguely remember having fun with you and Amy at Knoebels Grove but I can not remember one good time in Trig class.
Jim - I can't remember having much fun with you in school but you are quite welcome for the letters that we exchanged that summer. I have a feeling that those letters may have been an important factor in forming our wonderful current relationship.
Donna - I do remember consoling each other over our heartaches and problems. I am so glad things worked out for you and the man you could only quietly love at a distance that senior year.
Meg - I can't't remember ANYTHING happening at lunch other than the struggle of being a vegetarian.
Karen - What was it with these freshmen I ate lunch with? What was so memorable!?
Ruth - I do remember Spike and standing in those mini skirts trying to keep warm in the late October air before band competitions.
Kim - I forgot you were in Biology with us and the "Big Green Booger."
Beth - Not only do I remember German class I will never forget how our instructor was always so demeaning to you. You were always so good natured as he made a joke of you at every turn. At least he didn't hit you with a stapler like he did my sister when he was trying to hit another student (Fred who apparently worked at Weis).
Missy - Yes, I remember the worm I gave to Bob to scare him but I had forgotten that our high school didn't have enough furniture when we came as Freshmen. Although you list "Craig" as a "hunk" I can't remember his face to save my soul. Yes, I do remember flirting with about every guy on the band bus and thankfully have forgotten all of the "jerky football players."
Deb - Our D.I. A. class must have been as boring as you mentioned because I can't remember a thing about it.
Dudah - I do remember "mooning" and that you introduced me to the guy I was engaged to.
Lisa - I thankfully just remembered who you are because you told me not to "dare" ever forget you.
Laura - I do remember that we were in T.A.G. together and that you leaned on me all of the time because you were so much taller.
Bob - You are welcome for the good times in study hall and "any other times." What were they?
Cullen - I forgot we were in T.A.G. until just now. It was great starting the day with you discussing the latest progress on "Starblazers."
Laurie - Although you called our D.I.A. classes "wild" I cannot remember them at all.
Lori - Sorry, I don't remember our "great D.I.A. classes."
Pam - I remember you but am curious to remember what went on at lunch! What was it about "red satin sheets", "roughriders", "Ben Gay" and "a tape recorder"!!!?
Rhyesa - I very well remember the pea plants that we killed in Bio 3, I think it was too much Gibberellic acid.
Janet - I do remember coming to your house for the day and playing kick the can on South Wayne with Doug. Those are great memories.
Mike - Did you bum rides with us a lot? I forgot.
Mark - I forgot about the tickle battles on the band bus.
Amy - Your prediction that our Phillies would make it to the World Series came true within the year.
Pearl - All I am remembering about English with Burdge and Summers is that we called them "Moose and Squirrel."
Scott - I wonder if you remember the tickle battles on the band bus because you said you would "remember them forever."
Rose - Thank you for reminding me that we ate "B lunch" together on Wednesdays and that I would "slurp jello." I think it is starting to come back to me now. Yes, that tiny "Good luck in the future to a real sweet girl. Hutch '82" made me remember the underclassman we kept making fun of at lunch all year.
Sweet? Nice? I now remember I could be a jerk just to make some people at my lunch table laugh. Weird memories to have of 29 years ago.
What an interesting and entertaining idea. I may have to find my old yearbook and do this one day. Nothing like a memory test when one is getting older. LOL
ReplyDeleteThat was great! I hated high school but reading it back to myself 25 years later might make it sound like it was fun after all. Sounds like you had some fun wether you realize it or not.
ReplyDelete