Monday, May 2, 2005

Happy May Day

As I sit here, waiting for Ravenboy to wing his way back to the east coast, I thought it was a good time to blog.
It was an ever changing weekend weather wise. RGBisMe and I ran around on Saturday when it was overcast for most of the day but got caught in the rain when we went to find our last letterbox outside of York near the Shoe House. Sunday dawned with sunshine and hopes of warmer temperatures but it changed from sun to clouds to rain all day. We decided to see the balancing rock and letterbox at Trough Creek State Park near Lake Raystown.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The hike up to the rock was not bad at all and the Rainbow Falls were very nice. RGBisMe thought that the balancing rock was going to be more spectacular than what he found.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I told him that it must be farther up the trail. He was perplexed and even less impressed with the next sight he saw.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
We kept walking, enjoying the plants and birds. Many summer birds are coming into the area and this past week we were lucky to see indigo bunting, towhee, and heard many others.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
We made it to the balancing rock, found the letterbox and had plenty of time to go home and get ready for our May Day picnic this Friday.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment: