
After an exciting weekend, I was feeling like the devil. My knee hurt from who knows what, I was depressed with nothing but work to look forward to for at least a week ahead of me and to top it off I was getting a really sore throat. I had my fun all weekend but the week was a demon to be faced.

Over the weekend, we had a great time watching jbzfarm unwrap the last of a gift that was given to them for their 15th anniversary. They took great care, had been carefully unwrapping and enjoying it bit by bit since February. Crystal is the traditional gift for one's 15th anniversary and they were careful to enjoy every facet of it without damaging it. Unveiled in all of it's glory, from many good people, it was a massive thing. They will have to share it with you sometime.
Although that took some time, we had plenty of time to enjoy some sweet food and sweeter letterboxes. The kids led us to find the 3 froggy boxes by Hopping Along in Hummelstown. We also visited a hitch hiker hostel along a neat trail in that town that was lonely for hitch hikers. After being tossed out of the Hershey Hotel and onto the fitness trail we found A Kiss for you From Hershey. Very cute stamp.The rest of the day was spent biking with the kids on a local rail trail, hanging out at their wonderful farm, being treated to video games, you tubes videos by Rainbow Girl and then torturing Truck Jumping Boy with a video of the Nutcracker that put him to sleep. He was just getting an early start so that he could rise and make us a wonderful breakfast before the naughty adults ran out and bushwhacked around a lake.
With gimpy knee for no apparent reason, it was no wonder that coming home and getting to work was hard. I put my nose to the grindstone filling orders and preparing for a working weekend ahead of me. No fun to be had in sight, Tuesday brought an election day and the sore throat thing was in full swing. I was not cheerful in the long line of voters that stood in the cold outside of the door. I had been trying to get warm all day and this was the last thing I needed. I finally made my way inside and then to the point where I gave my name in a cracked voice. They called out my name and the what number voter I was for the the day. Immediately the woman swung her head back to look at me and apologized. The fellow sitting next to her tried looked concerned and tried to console me by showing me that if I turned my card upside down, the number would read differently. I chuckled, "No it is perfect," I was voter number 666.
We had a great time too! We are thrilled to be able to share the new series of anniversary boxes in December. It has been an awesome gift that has been unmatched by any other, even from our closest of family. We are extremely grateful to the Posse for their organization of this extensive series. It was a few days until we could wrap our heads around the amount of time and effort that was put forth by this creative team of outstanding carvers. It is the most meaningful gift we have ever received. Many heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed. We look forward to sharing it with our close family and friends, and the boxing community before the end of the year. It was only fitting that we would unwrap the last boxes with True Indigo and RGBisMe. You have touched us beyond words. We look forward to joining forces in future adventures.
ReplyDelete