Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Negative Scanner

As a gift, Tracy & I decided to go together and get a nifty little slide and negative scanner for Mom for this past Christmas. It wasn't a straightforward device to use and we finally got around to lending some assistance.

Jim has been working on trying to set it up. He finally determined that it was set up, with limited instructions, for PC use. He wrote an email to the company asking for assistance in using the device for a Mac computer. It turns out the software for the Mac is totally separate and wasn't included with the device. After downloading it, he played around with it last night and got it to work.

It's pretty easy to use and gets descent scans. It's nice to see some of these old images come back to life rather than just sitting in negative sleeves. I look forward to seeing the old slides after Mom scans some in. See some more newly scanned negs at my Groovy South Wayne Street post.

I took a lot of black and white photos when I was a kid so this shot of me was pretty typical. I am wearing a green paisley dress Mom made for me.
Me sitting on our swing set in the back yard.

Dad taking a photo of me photographing him. This was taken downtown Lewistown in a graveyard on Dorcas Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment