Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thoughts from the Road - #21611

Moderation

That was the theme of the morning. The temperature moderated and allowed me to take a nice run. I had to keep aware of my pace because I am trying to let my left ankle's tendons heal up. I don't want to sit idle but I want my miles to be logged carefully so I don't have to take further time off. Everything in moderation.

It was really a nice run with the temps over 40°. I made it the whole way past the Shilo commuter lot so that I could peer down and see if the hill was really maintained. It was! I curbed my excitement and turned back. I needed to save that hill for another day.

As a treat, I took a lap down Spring Valley Road to see all of the horses out in their yard. I will be glad when they can have time in their pasture across the road. They look so much happier when they are there.

A little over an hour and 6 miles on the dot. My pace wasn't as slow as when there is snow and ice on the ground, it was actually pretty average but I felt like I took it easy. My ankle and knees felt used but not sore. I stretched out and am off to do some more as soon as I finish this.

I used to think that getting an over use injury was a really bad thing to have happen. I still don't like it but I learn a lot on the days I am building back and running carefully. It makes me hopeful that I can keep on running and that it's not an all or nothing activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment