Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Valleys and Balcony Parties

You can keep your Mount Joy and Intercourse, just up from Pleasant Gap is our favorite place in the whole wide world, Happy Valley. We all booked the Double Entendre weekend package provided by CPLE.

We met up with Hunter Jumper and PA Paddler at an intermediate spot on the tour that was already in progress, it was an overlook with a view of Penns Creek over the Coburn area. Our drive to the vista was warm and drizzly but the colors in the Poe Valley area trees just popped! the red maples, yellow oaks and blue-green pines made a visual symphony. I didn't want to block the view with my backside so I ducked for RGBisMe's photo. Table for 4?

They were so organized! The tour guides had provided maps and an agenda. PA Paddler was a task master and made sure that all of the clues were in order. He pulled out the Swan Lake, Sylvia and Don Quixote letterbox clues from his meticulously filed clue sheets (also provided by the tour guides) and off we went down the mountain. Onto our bikes, we had to take Hunter Jumper's riding crop away from her. Whipping the bike was doing no good and some of us were getting jealous. We sent the men up for the romantic swan box who then had a bonding moment with a grouse. There just wasn't enough time to get all of the boxes on the rail trail that CPLE had available for us. We need to comment that the tour was well paced but they have to recognize that those who have signed up for the Double Entendre weekend package spend a lot of time laughing and cutting up. We were in the middle of nowhere when we looked at our watches. We had only and hour to change for supper if we wanted to make it in time for our reservations at the swanky Millheim Hotel. We were meeting Stonefly, Puddleby and DaBraLady there. It was swap night and were told by the were to dress similarly to whom you were to end up with. PA Paddler and I chose an orange and dusty sage theme while the other three ladies sported avocado cable knit tops. RGBisMe and Stonefly chose to watch. It was a regular balcony party. I was glad to have met up with skinny Cpt. Morgan although I am not sure if I need to blame him for the late night distress I later experienced. I will blame him for the fact that all of my blogging notes were either illegible or totally incomprehensible. Does this mean anything to anyone... "Laser surgery office as a good pick up spot." "There's puddin' at the buffet." Thanks Cpt. Morgan for confusing my night.

No comments:

Post a Comment