Monday, September 7, 2009

A Busy Summer

This summer was filled with family, hiking, biking and a lot of wonderful times. I have been reminded twice this week that my blog has not reflected anything of the sort. Be assured we are all well and have many exciting plans for the rest of the year.

Highlights included my time at Sinnemahoning, hiking with RGBisMe, the magical trip I took with Tracdc & Maga11 into the Shenandoah National Forest and the two weeks Asrai & Ravenboy spent with us here in town. The only sad thing is that we are losing the best neighbors; Mososo Kruppe are moving across town. It's only sad for us. Their new home is just amazing and I am sure they will be much happier there.

I forget that not everyone can see what I add on FaceBook so here are a few photos to show what I have enjoyed.
A field trip to shoot photos with the master, Toolman Luke.

One of his eagle shots from May.


Hanging out in Fordam Commons between shows near the Met Opera House.

Maga11 feeding Chickadees in Trexler Park.

Early June, returning 5 years later to try to find a remote letterbox in a beautiful spot.

Skyline Drive with Maga11 & Tracdc. The week we spent needs a blog entry of it's own!


Exploring the newly renovated Academia covered bridge. Longest covered bridge in the USA.


Prodigal Son on stage at the Met, literally and figuratively.

A snapping turtle along our local bike path.


The huge toad that lives in our backyard and eats bugs off the porch at night.

Returing to Sunset Rocks in July.


Ravenboy & Asrai.


Pickles on a stick!

Knoebels in August.

Biking in Weiser State Forest.

The reservoir in Weiser State Forest.

Appalachian Trail on Peters Mountain with Janila.
Stone Mountain, yesterday.

Caught in the act of geocaching.

State Game Lands 106 this past Saturday.

Ravenboy & Asrai at Knoebels in late August.




This is the kind of stuff I was treated to this summer. Is it no wonder that I haven't had time to write about it? Any moment I would turn away, something amazing would be going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment