I do enjoy music but I do not have one fixed genre that I am a huge fan of. That is probably the most significant reason I become bored with any one station. I also do not have a large collection of purchased music. I think I get tired of switching discs through the day. I don't like listening to the same thing not just every day, I get annoyed if I am hearing the same song within the week or month. I am highly susceptible to ear worms and do not like to reinforce them.
More frequently, I have been enjoying some of the ambient, electronic and other diverse offering on iTunes radio. For the times I can tolerate vocals, a favorite station of mine has been Pagan Radio (found under the religious section). The tunes are usually rounds or chant-like but the selection is great enough that none of them get caught in my head. I can get a lot of projects done, feel really uplifted and affirmed with this station on.
The new iTunes update must have had a temporary glitch because roughly 75% of my radio station disappeared for a day. It was then I realized how much I had been enjoying them. Yesterday I checked and my Pagan Radio was back but wouldn't load. This morning all was finally right and I had my tunes back. Very pleasant.
Now for the real reason of this blog. I found myself enjoying the songs about stags and spirits and drum solos when the next piece that comes on is one of the very infrequent stories not told to music. I found my ears perking up as I slowed my pace on the tasks I was trying to undertake. A man was telling the story of The Descent of Anat.
I found he has a cd, Radio Paganistan: Folktales of the Urban Witches, and I don't think I am going to be able to resist increasing my meager collection. He is worth listening to again and again.
No comments:
Post a Comment